The Hollies Guest House has evolved from a staging post Watling Street a hundred years ago to an establishment fully modernised to meet the needs of families and individuals today. The structure of the building prohibits radical alteration. It is not therefore suitable for those who rely totally on a wheelchair for mobility. The owner has worked for many years in the Hospitality Industry during which time she has accumulated a wide experience of providing for diversity of expectations. She achieved industry recognised qualifications. The Guest House has been awarded 3 stars by Quality In Tourism and 5 stars by Environmental Health. Katherine lives on the premises with her husband and daughter and is fully involved from the initial enquiry to departure.
• Booking can be made by telephone, email, via the web site and in person.
• Bookings can be guaranteed by credit card, eliminating the need to write a cheque.
• The use of Type Talk is understood.
• Brochures are available in large print.
• Assistance dogs are welcome with prior notification.
• Guests are asked to estimate their time of arrival to ensure ready access.
• Any special diet or requirement can be discussed at this time.
• The nearest train station is at Tamworth, 2 miles away. A taxi can be booked in advance.
• The nearest bus stop is * metres, services to Tamworth and Birmingham.
• On street parking is directly outside.
• There is a step up to the pavement from the road.
• For the security of guests the entrance is locked at all times. On arrival there is a buzzer and/or intercom to have the door opened.
• All guests are personally greeted and assistance with luggage offered.
• Guests are escorted to their room after check in documentation is completed, keys to front door and bedroom issued and facilities explained. There is a further opportunity to confirm any special requests.
• Attention is drawn to the no smoking policy which is strictly upheld throughout the building. To accommodate smokers there is a safe way to dispose of cigarettes outside the front door.
• The guest house has been recently refurbished to meet fire regulations. Bedroom 1 has a beacon fire alarm to alert those who are deaf.
A large notice to alert for assistance in an emergency is available to attach to a bedroom door.
• Fire extinguishers are located on the ground floor and on the first floor.
• The fire alarm is an unmistakably loud bell.
• There are eight bedrooms, four on the ground floor and four on the first ( 13 steps)
• All bedrooms have a modern shower, w.c. and wash basin. The temperature of the shower can be thermostatically controlled.
• In addition there is a large family bathroom for those with young children or a preference for a bathtub.
• Tea, coffee and a cordless kettle are provided in all bedrooms.
• The internet is accessed on provision of a password at a small cost.
• Televisions are operated by remote control.
• Consideration is given to those who may wish to sleep during the day.
• The dining room is on the ground floor, one step down from the hallway.
• The seating is flexible and can be moved if necessary.
• A Highchair is available.
• Special diets catered for with advance notice.
• Breakfast is served by waiting staff.
• For guest use there is a small kitchen with a microwave, sink and fridge for medicines and baby food.
• A limited laundry service is available at a small additional cost.
• Bookings can be made at local restaurants.
• Access information provided for local attractions.
• Mobile phone signal is generally good. For those who do not use a mobile phone a land line can be made available or calls made on their behalf.
Your Safety and Comfort
• There is always a responsible person on the premises at night.
• Help can be summoned in an emergency by a buzzer prominently indicated.
• The owners live on the premises and are committed to the welfare of guests at all times. They can provide information on local emergency services.
The Hollies Guest House
72 Atherstone Street
Email: the email@example.com
Web: the hollies-tamworth.com